This Sweepstakes begins on April 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM (ET), except for residents of Florida and New York, who may enter only after May 3, 2013 at 12:01 AM (ET). Final entry deadline is 11:59 AM (PT) on June 30, 2013. The sponsor/operator of this Sweepstakes is Los Angeles Times Communications LLC, 202 W. First Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012 (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes will be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsor.
1) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States or DC who are 21 and older as of date of entry. Employees (and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings, or children) and members of the same household (whether or not related)) of the Sponsor and of its parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries and of the advertising companies, promotion contractors and/or public relations companies involved with this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry and that all eligibility requirements are met. Void where prohibited.
3) Winner and Notification: One winner will be selected on or about July 1, 2013, from all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Representatives from Sponsor will conduct and judge the drawing;the Sweepstakes judges will make all final decisions in any and all issues related with this Sweepstakes. Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winner by telephone or by email using the information provided in the entry form by end of business on July 1, 2013. Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries if (a) winner cannot be contacted/does not respond by 5 pm (PT) on July 3, 2013; (b) winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (d) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
4) The Prize:
The Grand Prize is a 12-day Trafalgar Tours Vacation of Italy for two called the Italian Concerto that consists of:
- Round trip Economy Airfare for two to Italy from a major national airport near the Grand Prize winner’s residence (at Sponsor’s discretion), into Rome Fiumicino Airport and out of Venice Marco Polo Airport in Italy (at Sponsor’s discretion), transportation to/from the airport in Italy (including transfers at dedicated, pre-scheduled times).
- A 12-day “Italian Concerto” trip for two.
- The winner and guest will take in the sights of Rome, Monte Cassino, Amalfi, Isle of Capri, Florence, Ferrara and Venice with an expert Travel Director and Local Guides, plus enjoy plenty of free time to explore. And, with unique Insider Experiences from Trafalgar, the winner and guest will savor an exclusive Be My Guest dinner at a castle in the Tuscan hills, and ascend Bramante’s step-less staircase in an area of the Vatican.
- Trip includes 10 breakfasts for two, five dinners for two, hotel accommodations at each destination including all service fees and taxes, and transportation for the duration of the itinerary.
Trip must be taken between July 15 – October 9, 2013. Blackout dates may apply based on availability.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) is $9,150. Actual ARV may be higher or lower based on actual airfare prices and selected trip activities. If the ARV is lower, the difference in prize value will not be awarded. Trip has no cash value and therefore cannot be redeemed for cash. Prize substitutions are not allowed, and prize is not transferable. Only Sponsor may elect, at its discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of greater or equal value because of lack of availability. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
Winner is solely responsible for applicable federal, state, local taxes or airport taxes in connection with the prize in the year in which the prize is awarded. Winner will receive a W-9 form from Trafalgar for the prize. Winner will be responsible for any and all additional travel-related expenses, including additional costs resulting from changes in designated departure or arrival schedules, any transfer or other ground transportation charges and any additional hotel or meal expenses.
5) Other Conditions: Winner is required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release which must be submitted within 10 days after receiving notification of their win. (TN residents need not sign publicity release.) Failure to return such document will result in that winner being disqualified and another winner will be randomly drawn from all remaining eligible entries. Guest must be accompanied at all times by parent or legal guardian. Guest of winner (and parent or legal guardian if guest is a minor) must also sign and return a Release prior to accompanying winner on prize trip.
By entering, entrants agree to release, waive and hold harmless Sponsor, Trafalgar, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney’s fees) resulting from the entrants’ participation in this Sweepstakes, their acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize or element thereof, and any travel or event-related activity in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
By entering this Sweepstakes, winner agrees to allow use of winner’s name, voice, photograph, likeness, any statement provided by winner, and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and its affiliates and licensees, without additional compensation, except where prohibited.
6) Internet/Fraud/Tampering: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. If this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Entry Site. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds that such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Sweepstakes website or any combination thereof.
7) Winner List or Official Rules: For an Official Winner List (available after July 11, 2013 through September 30, 2013), or a copy of these Official Rules, send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “LOVE IN ITALY” Sweepstakes, Winner List/Official Rules, Los Angeles Times, 202 W. First Street, 5th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Washington and Vermont residents need not include return postage.